Don’t forget. You’ve been reminded MANY times!
Archive for March 10th, 2011
MC practice 2-6
1. From 1925 to 1940 the US policy on arms sales to warring nations followed this sequence:
A. embargo to lend-lease to cash-and-carry.
B. cash-and-carry to lend-lease to embargo.
C. lend-lease to cash-and-carry to embargo.
D. embargo to cash-and-carry to lend-lease.
2. In September ,1938, in Munich, Germany,
A. Britain and France consented to Germany taking the Sudentenland from Czechoslovakia.
B. Hitler declared his intention to take Austria.
C. Hitler signed the Axis Alliance treaty with Japan.
D. Britain and France acquiesced to the German reoccupation of the Rhineland.
3. When Germany invaded the Soviet Union in 1941, the US
A. promised aid to the Soviets but didn’t deliver.
B. refused to provide any help either economic or military.
C. gave only nonmilitary aid to Russia.
D. made lend-lease available to the Soviets.
4. One striking feature of the 1932 presidential election was that
A. the South had shifted to the Republican party.
B. African-Americans became a vital element in the Democratic party.
C. urban Americans finally cast more votes than rural Americans.
D. women played a less active role in the campaign than since they had gained suffrage
5. The constitutionality of the internment of Japanese-Americans was upheld in the case of
A. Gong Lum v. California.
B. Korematsu v. US.
C. Wheeler v. Roosevelt.
D. Kurosawa v. White.
6. Match each New Deal critic with the cause he promoted.
A. Father Coughlin___________1. social justice
B. Huey Long______________2. share our wealth
C. Francis Townsend_________ 3. parity
________________________4. old-age pensions
A. A-1, B-2, C-4
B. A-2, B-1, C-3
C. A-3, B-4, C-2
D. A-4, B-3, C-2
7. The first naval battle in history in which all of the fighting was done by carrier-based aircraft was the Battle of
A. Leyte Gulf. C. the Coral Sea.
B. the Java Sea. D. Midway.
8. The Allied demand for unconditional surrender was criticized mainly by opponents who believed that such surrender would
A. encourage the enemy to resist as long as possible.
B. be impossible to attain.
C. be unacceptable to the Soviets, who had already suffered terrible casualties.
D. create conditions which would eventually lead to war, much as the Treaty of Versailles had led to WWI.
9. The Social Security Act of 1935 provided all of the following EXCEPT
A. unemployment insurance.
B. old-age pensions.
C. economic help for the disabled and the blind.
D. health care for the poor.
10. Winston Churchill, when informed of the signing of the Munich Pact,
A. declared that the agreement would bring peace in our time.
B. suggested that other nations in Europe sign the pact.
C. decried the Pact as appeasement.
D. congratulated Hitler on his achievement.
Detailed timeline of the Pacific theatre in World War 2 can be found here: http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/pacificwar/timeline.htm
or this interactive map….: http://www.cyberlearning-world.com/lessons/ushistory/ww2/pacifictheater.htm