Chapter 32 Outlines- due Monday, February 14

Outline Chapter 32
You will add the details to the outlines below, and make sure you answer any questions which are posed in the outlines. These must be in your own words! You may use paragraphs with terms to answer each Roman numeral, if you wish to do so as an alternative.

I. Presidential politics- Why do the Republicans continue to dominate?
—–A. Harding (include cabinet, Ohio Gang, disarmament, stand re: business, scandals, veterans, etc.)
—–B. Coolidge (include standing pat, election of 1924, leadership style, etc.)
—–C. Hoover (include Hoover as self-made man, election of 1928, Al Smith, Great Crash and response, Bonus Army, RFC, Muscle Shoals, etc.)

II. Foreign policy—Is the US truly isolationist?
—–A. Snubbing the League
—–B. Our interest begins in the Middle East
—–C. Washington Conference (incl. treaties)
—–D. WWI debt and Dawes plan
—–E. Stimson doctrine
—–F. Good Neighbor policy

III. Economics- How well do progressive economic reforms survive in the 1920s?
—–A. Is laissez-faire still tops?
———-1. Adkins v. Children’s Hospital
—–B. Railroads and shipping (include laws and Boards)
—–C. Tariffs again- Why are they necessary?
—–D. Farmers get suckered by WWI
———-1. Fed Farm board- what was its purpose?
—–E. WWI transforms US economically (DEBTOR? CREDITOR?)
—–F. Black Tuesday
—–G. Causes of Great Depression

Advertisements

9 responses to this post.

1. Posted by 1st hour shield of wise on February 7, 2007 at 2:55 pm

wasn’t this week only suppose to be a 2 chapter week?

2. Posted by mattjew on February 7, 2007 at 8:06 pm

Friday Feb., 16th…not the 9th. You have an entire week from Friday.

I’m guessing. Correct me if I’m wrong, Scoop.

3. You have until Friday, February 16 to do this outline. Happy Valentine’s Day. This was not a typo. Peace out!

4. Posted by LittleEep on February 15, 2009 at 1:44 pm

The 16th? Don’t you mean Tuesday the 17th? And do we turn in Chapters 31 and 32 together?

5. Check the schedule on the Upcoming Deadlines page… but I believe that 31 is due Tuesday and 32 is due Friday!

NOT together!!!

6. Posted by Me Me me on February 19, 2009 at 2:41 pm

so what exactly was the “Ohio Gang”? it was on the 1st page…but was it just the corrupt minds in govt?

7. Posted by AP Student on February 18, 2010 at 2:00 pm

I LOVE how this outline is all nice and short:)

8. Posted by Dog Show Girl on February 18, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Where are my questions Scoop???? I have a feeling my grade on this may not be so good…. Late after Musical and Outline… Ohh boy!

9. Posted by Taylor Dumas on February 13, 2011 at 8:42 pm

May I just point out how deceitful this is?!

First of all, the length is tricky. I was pleasantly surprised at how short this outline was when I printed it, then came to find the details we had to include carefully hidden in parentheses.

Secondly!
    “You have until Friday, February 16 to do this outline. Happy Valentine’s Day. This was not a typo. Peace out!”

I readily closed my book, checked my calendar, and realized, “Wait- the 16th is a Wednesday, not Friday.”

-.- Wrong year.
    Scoop-2
    Taylor-nada

I’ll stop whining now and finish my notes. Happy Sunday.

Comments are closed.