This will be good for some easy points of EXTRA CREDIT on Wednesday, October 31 . Bring the answers with you to class. I will NOT take this late.
Go to this site (http://www.history-magazine.com/natroad.html) by History Magazine and read the article on the importance of the Cumberland, or National Road.
1. Why was the road so important?
2. Explain the economic impact of the road.
3. How did the road help American expansion?
4. Who was Henry Clay (you may have to do research or recall this information– it’s not in the article) and why did he support the construction of the road?
5. Where, exactly, was the Road?
Links for further information:
The Building of the Cumberland Road