These questions will be due on Wednesday/Thursday.
You can also go here, and actually hear Carnegie read an excerpt himself: http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5766
1. Would Carnegie’s employees agree with the means he used to amass his wealth??
2. What did he list as the three things a millionaire could do with his or her fortune?
3. Why is the first option not a good idea? (Consider Paris Hilton…)
4. Why was Carnegie in favor of a high estate tax (which he called a “death tax”)?
5. What did Carnegie end up doing with his wealth?
6. Why can it be argued that Carnegie’s attitude is paternalistic?